Education & Support
Urological Drainage (Urine Meters)
Urine meters are used to accurately measure urine output and are typically used in surgical and critically ill patients.
In an in-vitro study comparing products, only with UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus Urine Meter were bacteria not found at the bag to meter connection after seven days in all samples taken.1
The study compared Bard™, Kendall™, and UnoMeter™ devices in preventing migration of Proteus mirabilis in a simulated bladder model system. Four samples were taken at each of eight locations within the model after 2, 4, and 7 days respectively. *1
Summary of in-vitro test results*1
- In the UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus urine meter, bacteria remained in the collection bag and did not progress to the measuring chamber or the catheter.
- In both the Bard™ and Kendall™ devices, bacteria were found in the measuring chamber.
- The in-vitro study demonstrated greater bacteria growth with the Bard™ and Kendall™ devices.
- With the Bard and Kendall devices, bacteria growth was found in all four samples at the sampling site at 7 days.
*As demonstrated in-vitro
- Ashman P, SMTL Closed System Study Test Report, 2009, Data on file, ConvaTec Inc.
For more information or to order samples, please contact our customer service at 080 49151024.